Time To Exfoliate

Tuesday 18 December 2012



As part of the November Glossybox I received a sample size of Dermologica's increasingly popular Microfoliant.

I was a little bit sceptical as I always felt that an exfoliator should be full of rock like chunks if it was to have any chance of really cleaning my skin. This Microfoliant comes in the form of a fine loose powder, I’d liken the grain to somewhere between caster sugar and talc powder.



The instructions say to pour a teaspoon size amount into a damp hand, add a sprinkle of water then rub to make a paste. After a few failed attempts – resulting in a watery mixture that was too thin to spread on my face – I found that it was enough to just pour the powder into damp hands and then rub to make a paste. You’re instructed to massage the paste onto your face, leave for a minute then rinse off.

My skin felt tight afterwards, in the way that it does after a really good cleanse so I had to moisturise immediately but I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I find my skin had a polished look, and felt really smooth.

I used the product every day for a week, then took a break and went back to my usual routine. During this time I had a few boozy eves which led to an inevitable bout of dry spotty skin. So I went back to the microfoliant and after two days I could see a noticeable difference. Not the most scientific of tests but it’s enough for me.

And on top of all that I found the product fun to use, took me back to being 10 years old and making ‘beauty’ concoctions in my bathroom sink using all of the shower gels and face products I could find. Sorry mum.

If you like the feel of a daily exfoliator but you've got sensitive skin I would definitely give this a try. It’s an investment, but I think it’s worth it.

Dermalogica Microfoliant – Around £29.00 online

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!