#NaturalHair - Frizz Free Day

Monday 19 November 2012

As I've written before, I'm always on the look out for hair products that will allow me to rock my Afro curls without them turning into a ball frizz by the end of the day.

When my hair is wet, I have extremely tight corkscrew curls that look ok.....until my hair starts to dry.

I've used mixed chicks shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner before and I was pretty impressed but they didn't go all the way in giving me the lasting definition I was after.

So when I was offered to chance to try their hair silk I jumped right on it. The Mixed Chicks Hair Silk is a clear thickish serum type formula which claims to give a smooth shiny finish to curly or straight hair.

To give the product a fair trial I washed my hair using their shampoo and conditioner as before.

Then came the set. I completely forgot to take a picture of this (sorry) so I'll just have to describe it.

I parted my hair horizontally into 3 sections. I then cainrowed each section vertically doing around 5-8 plaits in each row.

Before plaiting each section of hair I combed through a pea sized amount of the leave in conditioner and the hair silk.

Sounds long I know but I wanted to give my hair the best change of keeping its shape. I let my hair dry naturally over night then let it loose this morning to reveal this.


This is honestly the first day that I've had my hair out without having to use clips to hold it in place, apply product to re-moisturise or do the inevitable - tie it up in defeat as it takes on a life if it's own.

This is how it was looking at the end of the day. It had gained a tiny bit of volume but it was in no way bushy or frizzy and still had plenty of shine.

I don't know if it was the way I plaited it or the hair silk or a combination of the both (probably the latter) but I'll definitely be doing this again.


www.mixedchicks.net


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Looks fabulous. I cant wait to try them even more now.
    Crystal Afro xx

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!